Make Ready! is a common command at the shooting range. It is the time to safely prepare your handgun, rifle, or shotgun to fire. For a defensive shooter, either on or off the range, it is time to be prepared and ready for action. For a beginning shooter on the range for the first time, it is an exciting moment of anticipation; the build up to their first shot. Whatever your skill level, you always have to “make ready”. The Make Ready! mission is to support the shooting community, both novice and veteran, through positive outreach and training. Safety is paramount in everything we do. There is much to learn from each course and we always have fun.
Private instruction is available. Please see the Course Descriptions tab for further information.
NRA certified training courses include:
- Home Firearm Safety (non-shooting course)
- FIRST Steps Pistol Orientation
- Basic Pistol Shooting Course
- FIRST Steps Rifle Orientation
- Basic Rifle Shooting Course
- FIRST Steps Shotgun Orientation
- Basic Shotgun Shooting Course
- Personal Protection in the Home
- Personal Protection Outside the Home
The core of every Make Ready! course is safety:
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.